Friday, March 29, 2013

What is Leadership? An Unforgettable Image


This image is one that I will now carry with me forever.  It represents for me the truest and highest form of leadership - what I believe IS leadership.  Although, I have read and repeated many times the story of what Jesus did after the last supper in the Upper Room for his disciples (John 13), giving them a new commandment to "love one another as I have loved you," this real time image somehow helps me see it like I never have.

IMHO - Leadership in order to be leadership is really servant leadership.  What gets stirred in you seeing this?

I think I'm going to like this pope.

PS: A 1:40p addition:  My friend Dr. Jim Street shared this with me: "It is a terrific thought and act. I would only add that being a servant leader is only second to being a leading servant."




3 comments:

  1. I think this image of leadership is even more poignant when considered in the context of what the world considers leadership to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment JD. I added a 1:40pm PS onto the post, which gives a nice aspect to the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had similar thoughts when I saw this picture. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete