This week we are inviting you to read the last week of Jesus' life from Matthew 21-28 (that's a little over 1 chapter each day)... If you are interested in reading this on line, here's a link to Bible Gateway
Here are some suggestions:
- Set aside a time each day to read a chapter or two - or - one day each week to read the whole section at once.
- Pray before you read a simple prayer: eg., "Lord I want to go deeper in your Spirit, so that I can go farther in my faith."
- Create an effective environment - eg., light a candle, turn down the lights, get quiet...
- Invite your spouse or a good friend or someone you're trying to get to know to join you, and take turns reading
- Read a chapter a day or the whole section many times this week
- Reflect on what you are reading and keep a journal (or laptop) handy to write down insights and stirrings - You'll be amazed later when you read them!
- Share with someone else what insights and stirrings you are having - this keeps the things you see alive and active, and may bless someone.
May the Lord bless your time and open you up to something new!